providing care for the whole person
The Care Center in Loveland, Ohio exists to provide care for the whole person through a network of support and resources to promote personal advancement, spiritual growth and overall stability. We offer community, assistance, practical resources, and encouragement to help support individuals and families in need, regardless of where they live.
Services include but aren't limited to personal hygiene products, paper goods, cleaning supplies, Pathfinder youth mentoring, SPARK life skills coaching, recovery support, financial counseling, prayer and helpful information to help individuals and families connect with local community services. Our goal is to provide a friendly, welcoming and safe space, as we treat each person with dignity, respect and care.
Volunteers play a vital role
Volunteers are a vital part of the Care Center. As a non-profit organization, the Care Center relies on a variety of volunteers from across the city to help fulfill its mission. Interested in learning more about using your unique skills and experiences to help support the Care Center? Read more about ongoing volunteer opportunities below. Email Greg Knake at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our volunteer sign-up page here to learn more about open volunteer roles at the Wednesday night resource center.
Wednesday resource center
Our free resource store at the Northstar Church building in Loveland, Ohio is open every 1st and 3rd Wednesday night of the month from 7-8:15pm and is available to anyone, no matter where they live. Guests are welcome to complete an order for personal hygiene, cleaning supplies and paper goods as well as enjoy dinner with us. Our mission is to provide holistic care for the whole person. This means that not only do we provide free personal care items, but we also offer opportunities for relational, spiritual, and life skill support and training. The Care Center operates thanks to local volunteers.
the help program
The Care Center assists with utilities, rent, food, and other items throughout the week for folks in our community who have physical needs. The Care Center helps by offering five $30 dollar gifts ($150 total for one year), that you can earn by participating in an outreach or some other hour-long community service to receive each of those $30 gifts.
spark life coaching
Spark Life Coaching, a program of the Care Center, exists to be the spark that propels people to take the next step in life. We do this through one-on-one life coaching sessions paired with practical skills based workshops on topics such as job placement, parenting and finances. We also offer service opportunities to empower participants to give back to the community in a practical way. We strive to remove barriers that people often encounter when trying to get ahead by offering financial assistance to participants. Program participants earn the opportunity to apply for grants to use toward housing, education or transportation. Spark Coaching is a 12 month program and depends on local volunteers who serve as life coaches after completing orientation and training.
PATHFINDERS YOUTH MENTORING
There are approximately 400 fatherless kids in the communities we serve. Pathfinders Mentoring, a program of the Care Center, matches up children in our community with a loving male or female mentor for a period of at least one year. Pathfinders depends on local volunteers who serve as youth mentors after completing orientation and training sessions.
The Care Center offers volunteer-led practical skill based workshops to anyone who would like to attend. These interactive workshops take place on Wednesday nights and throughout the week and allow participants to share from their experiences and learn from others about a particular life skill topic. Topics include:
- Faith & Finances
- Jobs for Life
- Tried & True Parenting
- Bible Study
- Developing Your Resources
- GED (in partnership with Great Oaks)
The Care Center offers free tax prep return services via assistance from certified tax preparers. This free program helps individuals take advantage of all available tax credits while avoiding the financial hardship of preparation and e-filing fees. This program relies on volunteer tax preparers.
We rely on special event volunteers to support us in hosting various events throughout the year in the community:
- Turkeyfest: a community outreach providing Thanksgiving meals to hundreds of families in Loveland. Turkeyfest 2017 is on Saturday, November 18th. Interested in volunteering? Meet at Northstar's auditorium at 11am. Bring as many filled ‘brown Thanksgiving Love bags’ as you’d like for this family-friendly event. They will be available at church on any Sunday morning. Or if you did not pick up a ‘brown bag’ from church, feel free to simply bring a frozen turkey and three sides in any sturdy bag. No sign up needed. Just show up at Northstar. We’ll go door-to-door in the lower income areas of our community and bless hundreds of families with turkey dinners and prayer.
- Easter Egg Outreach: on-site Easter Egg hunts at various apartment complexes in Loveland.
- The Christmas Store: an opportunity for children to shop for free Christmas gifts for their parents, take free family portraits and enjoy dessert together.
- Summer Block Parties: community celebrations that allow families an opportunity to socialize and connect with their neighbors in a fun family atmosphere.